Responding to an emergency is an effort to coordinate activities and resources as the emergency is evolves. Sometimes when an emergency is significant, the response is centralized to an Emergency Operations Center, called E.O.C. for short.
Maintaining a response system that includes local, state and tribal governments ensures:
- People and systems sync with the needs arising from the emergency.
- Operation planning is unified.
- Reponse participants clearly communicate.
- All levels of governement and response work together.
- A clear definition of expectations is present.